Midsummer Eve - painting by Edward Robert Hughes (1908)
|BACK to META Fairy Tales|
- Length of the fragment: 1-2 pages (400-500 words).
- Choose carefully a captivating section of a FT.
- precede it by a brief paragraph introducing the auhtor, the text and the plot (in case your fragment is located somewhere later in the text).
- mention the age of your target group
- Vocabulary introduction: it can be of the traditional type (words in the foot- or endnote) or more modern (via various lexical games)
- Reading comprehensionL to make sure your students understood your text, devise some exercises, questions or games to check this
- Text-related exercises on grammar or vocabulary
- Creative activities, games...
- Extra info on the text and author, its themes and recommended approach
- key to the exercises